Dear Growing to Give Existing and New Volunteers,
We hope this email finds you and your loved ones well.
First, work at Growing to Give will continue this season and is more important than ever. We are so grateful for the support of those of you who have volunteered in the past, and we look forward to welcoming new volunteers to our community. Volunteers are fundamental to our operation, and our success depends on people like you who generously give of your time to help provide food for our neighbors in need.
We need your help
We are reaching out to ask for your help. Our need for volunteers will be even greater over the next few months, especially as we lose the assistance of school groups in preparing the fields for planting. However, as we continue to welcome adult volunteers to the farm, it is critical that we all take reasonable precautions in the interests of everyone in our community.
Your safety is our priority
We want to update you on how we are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are closely following the CDC guidelines and, until further notice, will take the following measures to safeguard the health of staff and volunteers and minimize the risk of spreading the virus:
- No large groups will be coming to the farm, including school groups.
- Workgroups will be limited to 10 people at a time.
- No children under the age of 16 will be able to volunteer.
- Teenagers 16 or older may volunteer, if accompanied by a volunteer adult.
- Tools will be cleaned prior to use by a new person.
What you can do to help keep everyone safe
Precautions to take when volunteering:
- When working at the farm, please wash your hands with soap and water when you arrive, wash your hands/use hand sanitizer when appropriate while at the farm, and wash your hands before you leave.
- When working with other volunteers/staff in the greenhouse or in the field, maintain a distance of 6 feet or more from others at work.
- Bring your own gardening gloves.
- Wear gloves when using tools.
- Let us know if you become ill or if you come into contact with someone who has tested presumptive positive for COVID-19 and you volunteered in the previous week.
Prior to volunteering, please follow these restrictions:
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness – cough, fever, shortness of breath – please stay home and contact your health care provider.
- If you have been around someone who is experiencing symptoms suggestive of COVID-19, please wait two weeks before volunteering.
- If you have been out in public or at a large gathering in an area where the COVID-19 virus is widespread in the community, please wait two weeks before volunteering.
- If you have recently traveled outside the US, please wait two weeks since your return before volunteering.
As we strive to maintain a healthy lifestyle to see us through this crisis, we encourage you to stay active, work outside, and volunteer at Growing to Give. Together we can make a difference in our community. When you are ready to schedule a work session, please go to our volunteer sign up and sign up. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Theda, Patty, John, and Cathy