We believe the way we farm matters. We need to nourish the earth that nourishes us. This is how we do that:
- Grow vegetables that are certified organic by MOFGA.
- Amend our soil with carbon-sequestering biochar.
- Use biointensive and permaculture farming practices.
- Use mostly electric farm equipment, partially powered by PV.
Why do we farm this way?
The vast majority of climate experts say:
- The climate is changing.
- These changes are largely due to human activity.
- Humans can slow down or reverse these changes.
In addition, even people who are skeptical about the claims of these experts are increasingly reaching the conclusion that the potential risks of climate change are so large that it’s worth taking action now. At Growing to Give, we have chosen to take action by adopting climate-friendly farming methods as one of our values.