Growing to Give grows more than food: it grows community. This year, we have found our unique way of nurturing our community – Paint the Farm Art Auction: A Virtual Event. Join us on August 28th at 7 PM for a fun, community-oriented online event where you will be able to:
- Celebrate the start of the auction and place your first bids.
- Meet the founders (and some Growing to Give friends) live!
- Tour the farm.
- Learn how Growing to Give has affected our community.
- Meet the artists.
- Go in the kitchen with Theda.
- Make a cocktail with board members.
- Get wine tips from the experts.
- Make a donation that will directly benefit those in need. Every donation is also a raffle ticket for a produce basket with our featured wines.
- And more!
The event is free to attend. Register for a free ticket below and we will send you the link to the event early in the day on August 28.
Featuring art inspired by Growing to Give
With the need to socially distance, the artists in our community have stepped forward to capture the vitality and bounty of the work at the farm, and tell our story in a new way.
Throughout the summer, twenty local artists visited the farm, chose a scene or captured a moment that inspired them, and created an artistic rendering for our auction. These 20+ pieces help create a collage of our work, our relationships, and our commitment to those suffering from food insecurity. They also capture the beauty of this Brunswick farm landscape and our dedication to organic, environmentally-responsible farming practices.
About the Auction
The auction will launch on Friday, August 28, at 7 PM and will be celebrated at Paint the Farm Art Auction: A Virtual Event. Here are more details:
- Where can you bid? You will be able bid online on biddingowl.com, a service we are using to manage the auction. The link to our auction site will be publicized widely on our website and social media and to our newsletter list.
- How long will the auction last? The auction will last from Friday, August 28 at 7 PM to Friday, September 4 at 9 PM.
- How much of the proceeds will be given to Growing to Give? Half of the proceeds will be given to the artist and half will be donated to Growing to Give to support our work in healing the climate and providing fresh, organic vegetables to our neighbors in need.
Why this event is so important
The economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has devastated our communities. Those who are food insecure often face health issues caused by a limited diet. Our local, organically-grown vegetables that are harvested and delivered to food pantries and distribution sites in our community are more critical now than ever.
We need your support
The pandemic has affected everyone. We had to cancel three on-site fundraisers we planned for the summer, which means we are far below our fundraising goals for the year. Our commitment to this work is unshakeable but we need your support now more than ever.
Participating local artists